This project is read-only.

NuGetter doesn't appear to invoke NuGet.exe

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:23 PM
I'm having a problem where the build process doesn't seem to call NuGet correctly. Inspecting the TFS build log file it appears to be calling NuGet correctly but no .NuPkg file is ever created. If I RDP onto the build machine and run NuGet from a command line with the parameters from the log file it works fine. I've spent quite a while looking at this and now I'm completely stuck.

Any suggestions? Here's an extract from the log file...

Call NuGet Package Command Line00:00:04
Inputs
AdditionalOptions:
NuGetExeFilePath: C:\Bld\18\82\NuGetExe\NuGet.exe
OutputDirectory: C:\Bld\18\82\NuGetPackage
NuSpecFilePath: C:\Bld\18\82\NuGetPackageSupport\CortexStatusService.nuspec
BasePath: C:\Bld\18\82\bin
VersionNumber: 7.5.7.26
Outputs
NuGetPackagingResult: True
In CallNuGetPackageCommandLine:
nuGetExeFilePath: C:\Bld\18\82\NuGetExe\NuGet.exe
basePath: C:\Bld\18\82\bin
outputDirectory: C:\Bld\18\82\NuGetPackage
versionNumber: 7.5.7.26
additionalOptions:
CallNuGetPackageCommandLine arguments: pack "C:\Bld\18\82\NuGetPackageSupport\CortexStatusService.nuspec" -OutputDirectory "C:\Bld\18\82\NuGetPackage" -BasePath "C:\Bld\18\82\bin" -version 7.5.7.26
Nov 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Got a little further with this. It seems that NuGet is trying to update itself. It fails and then crashes. The crash doesn't show up in the log file. I can't for the life of me find a command line parameter to stop it from trying to update itself.
Nov 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Finally got to the bottom of it. I was using a very old version of NuGet which happened to be hanging around on my DEV box. If I update to the current release (or the last but 1 release) it works fine.