This project is read-only.

Cannot create unknown type '{clr-namespace:TfsBuild.Versioning.Activities;assembly=TfsBuild.Versioning.Activities}VersionAssemblyInfoFiles'. (type XamlObjectWriterException)

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Hi guys,

thanks for this release, I was so eager to try it out. I tried to do everything like in the documentation, however it seems that something is missing. I get the error:

TF215097: An error occurred while initializing a build for build definition : 
Exception Message: Cannot create unknown type '{clr-namespace:TfsBuild.Versioning.Activities;assembly=TfsBuild.Versioning.Activities}VersionAssemblyInfoFiles'. (type XamlObjectWriterException)
Exception Stack Trace:    at System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteStartObject(XamlType xamlType)
   at System.Xaml.XamlServices.Transform(XamlReader xamlReader, XamlWriter xamlWriter, Boolean closeWriter)
   at System.Activities.XamlIntegration.FuncFactory`1.Evaluate()
   at System.Activities.DynamicActivity.OnInternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings)
   at System.Activities.Activity.InternalCacheMetadata(Boolean createEmptyBindings, IList`1& validationErrors)
   at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivity(ChildActivity childActivity, ChildActivity& nextActivity, Stack`1& activitiesRemaining, ActivityCallStack parentChain, IList`1& validationErrors, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback)
   at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.ProcessActivityTreeCore(ChildActivity currentActivity, ActivityCallStack parentChain, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList`1& validationErrors)
   at System.Activities.ActivityUtilities.CacheRootMetadata(Activity activity, LocationReferenceEnvironment hostEnvironment, ProcessActivityTreeOptions options, ProcessActivityCallback callback, IList`1& validationErrors)
   at System.Activities.Validation.ActivityValidationServices.InternalActivityValidationServices.InternalValidate()
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.WorkflowHelpers.ValidateWorkflow(Activity activity, ValidationSettings validationSettings)
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Hosting.BuildProcessCache.LoadFromXaml(String workflowXaml, TextExpressionImports textExpressionImports)
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Hosting.BuildControllerWorkflowManager.PrepareRequestForBuild(IBuildDetail build, WorkflowRequest request, IDictionary`2 dataContext)
   at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Hosting.BuildWorkflowManager.TryStartWorkflow(WorkflowRequest request, WorkflowManagerActivity activity, BuildWorkflowInstance& workflowInstance, Exception& error, Boolean& syncLockTaken)

The controller is instructed to look for the TfsBuild.NuGetter.Activities.dll assembly in the right place. I have TFS 2012 upodate 1. What am I missing?

Thank you for your help,

Ioan

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Ioan,

You are using the template that allows you to use TfsVersioning (also on CodePlex) to manage the versioning of .NET assemblies prior to the NuGet package being created.  You need to have that assembly in place as well.  If you don't want TfsVersioning as part of the build then use the template called "NuGetterMultiPkgBuildTemplate20".  If you do then go to http://tfsversioning.codeplex.com/ - the assembly is called TfsBuild.Versioning.Activities which is what you see in the error above. 

Regards,

Mark

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Hi Mark,

thanks for the answer, that did it!