This project is read-only.

Replacement token id has no value

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Hi - I've been struggling with getting nugetter/msbuild and tfs to work in my CI environment.

And frankly, this stuff just doesn't mesh well. The most recent error I have is:

"the replacement token 'id' has no value.

I check the SourceDir on my build server, and I see everything was compiled, and sitting there in the bin directory. So I know MSBuild did it's job.

I have package restore enabled, and I can see the package I am referencing in this build being retrieved, and there it is in the bin directory at the end of the build. So I know that is working.

The next step is getting nugetter to package all of this up into a package file I can deploy and version for our private repository. Here are my package command line arguments:

CallNuGetPackageCommandLine arguments:

pack "C:\Builds\8\85\Sources\projName\projName.nuspec"

-OutputDirectory "\\tfsbuild01\build_drop\nuget_test\mybuild\projName_1.20.20120824.4\buildpackages"

-BasePath "\\tfsbuild01\build_drop\nuget_test\mybuild\projName_1.20.20120824.4"

So I'm guessing my issue is that nuget is calling pack but this basePath is empty. I checked. It doesn't contain the cproj file. And in fact, shouldn't this basePath be set to the Binary directory which is the output of the MSBUILD? 

It can't find a version number ($ID) because there aren't any .dlls in any of these paths listed above. But I can't figure out how to tell NuGetter to just use the $OutPut directory from MSBUILD. 

Anyone? Is this project even active anymore?

Thanks

P

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Hi I had the same issue. My solution was to use http://tfsversioning.codeplex.com, it made by the same guy as nugetter.

I should tell you that you will need to update all the templates if you are using tfs2012.

But basiclly if you setup http://tfsversioning.codeplex.com in conjynction with nugetter you can set the $id to 0.0.0.0 and use the version tfsversioning.

check it out :)

If you have any questions I be glad to help.

Cheers 

Krippz

Sep 4, 2012 at 4:44 PM

We have set up tfsversioning. I'm starting to think this has nothing to do with nugetter and instead is something I don't understand about basic nuget.

From my local machine, I can run the nuget pack command on the nuSpec file, and get this same "The replacement token 'id' has no value.

So, it seems that I have a general nuget issue and not a nugetter issue...yet. I'll be moving this question to the correct forum now. Thanks

P

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Ok - so I m back. I have a simple question. Should nugetter be calling pack on the nuspec file? yes or no? Because thats what I see it doing in my build script...and I don't think that is right. It's supposed to be calling nuget pack on the csproj file. Right?!

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Yes that’s right if you like nuget to replace the $ marked tokens in the nuspec file.

I have a setup consisting of the build system and local builds on each dev machine.

So I use the nuspec file in both instances.

Kristofer Linnestjerna

Senior Software Developer

NetClean Technologies Sweden AB

Första Långgatan 30 – SE-413 27 Göteborg – Sweden

Phone: +46 31 719 08 00 – Fax: +46 31 13 89 50

Direct: +46 31 719 08 08 – Mobile: +46 730 20 53 53

kristofer.linnestjerna@netclean.com

www.netclean.com

Double prizewinner at Security Awards 2011, the Swedish security industry´s largest contest.
NetClean won the titles Security Company of the Year and Security Solution of the Year for the product NetClean ProActive.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Sent: den 17 september 2012 23:49
To: Kristofer Linnestjerna
Subject: Re: Replacement token id has no value [NuGetter:393003]

Ok - so I m back. I have a simple question. Should nugetter be calling pack on the nuspec file? yes or no? Because thats what I see it doing in my build script...and I don't think that is right. It's supposed to be calling nuget pack on the csproj file. Right?!