Multiple packages per build

Mar 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
In all of the examples I see that there is only one nuspec file specified in the NuSpec File Path field. Is it possible to create multiple packages from one build? For example I have a Service Contracts library, and Entities library, and a Logic library and I want each to be published as a seperate nuget package.
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2013 at 2:44 PM
In the documentation (section called "Multiple Package Build") it shows how to create an XML file that will define multiple package creation out of a single solution.

You just need to give NuGetter all the info it needs to create each of the packages.

Mark
Mar 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM
I see it now, thanks. In version 2.0 it was updated for use with TFS 2012. Does that mean I can't use it in TFS 2010?
Mar 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Edited Mar 12, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Getting a strange build error in 2010 so I guess not.

TF215097: An error occurred while initializing a build for build definition \Playground\Kaleidoscope: Cannot set unknown member '{http://schemas.microsoft.com/netfx/2009/xaml/activities}TextExpression.NamespacesForImplementation'.
Coordinator
Mar 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM
The build template is specific to 2012. There are a couple additional workflow arguments that are used as part of an updated build process. The activity could be used in 2010 but an "older" base build template would be needed.

Mark
Apr 10, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Edited Apr 10, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I am in the same or similar situation that I want to create multiple nuget packages, but with only 1 build definition.

I am not sure how to accomplish this. Above, you point to a section "Multiple Package Build" in the documentation, but I am not sure which part you mean, because I did not find this section, I have searched in this doc:

http://download.codeplex.com/download?ProjectName=nugetter&DownloadId=251922

Did I understand right, that in the property "NuSpec File Path" of the build template ("NuGetterMultiPkgBuildVersionedTemplate20.xaml"), I can use a wildcard expression (e.g. "*..nuspec"), and the build template will pack one nuget package for each nuspec file it has found (in the droplocation)? (According to this thread).

Trying to use a wildcard expression "*..nuspec", I get an FileNotFoundException in activity "Get the file path to the NuSpec file/Get NuGetterVPackageId".

I do not know whether I am on the right way, I appreciate to be pointed to the proper direction, thank you.

PS: I am using VS2012 and TFS2012
Apr 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Edited Apr 12, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Hi,

I came one step further after finding the right place of the documentation (in the download package, which contains the newest doc version).

Maybe you want to update the outdated link on the Codeplex "Documentation" Tab, which points to an old doc version of 2011, and made me get confused :-)

So I will try my luck! Thanks for providing a good peace of software!

Cheers from Austria!
Apr 12, 2013 at 2:11 PM
I ended up just creating my own build template to handle it. It is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
Apr 24, 2013 at 4:23 PM
did you create one that works with TFS 2010? If so could you share it please?