Buildnumber is cut off

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM
For the versions i am using my own version numbering, which works something like {current}.{current}.{increment}.{changeset} (depending on how the configuration is).

Now nugetter is cutting of my buildnumber part for nuget. So if I set 1.0.2.8534 it becomes 1.0.2.4 and if I have 1.0.2.8528 it becomes 1.0.2.8.
You can see that I am getting problems here with the versions. Since the first build has a lower version number than the second one.

I would like to use my whole version number for nuget. Can I change this somewhere?
I already altered my build xaml so that NuGetter Process action gets my version number for parameter 'NuGetterVersion'.
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2013 at 6:58 AM
You are correct. It does truncate the version number if you pass in static values. It's a RegEx issue which I've figured out and will be posting an updated version.

Mark
Feb 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Nice, that would be perfect. So then when I put in my own version number it with just use that one?
Looking forward for the updated version, thanks.
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Yes. It will take what you put in as the version pattern and when there are no patterns to convert, it will pass through the value as-is. I am testing changes to the BuildNumberPrefix (couple other discussion posts) and when that testing is done I will post it all. Assuming there aren't any problems, I am trying to get this out today.

Mark
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2013 at 4:43 AM
Version 2.1 was released and fixes the truncated static version numbers.

Mark