TFS 2012

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Has any work been started on porting this to TFS 2012.

Can I use the supplied build template with 2012?

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Hello I have done some of the conversions needed for the tfs2012.

I  dont have acccess to this project  so basiclly I just downloaded the source, replaced all of the refrences to VisualStudio dlls (version 10.0.0.0) to new visual studio ( version 11.0.0.0) this in tha xaml file and in the activity project itself rebuildt the activity dlls and used them in TFS.

Send me a mail if you run into trouble

cheers

Krippz

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Hey Krippz - I was able to get 90% the way there and stuck on one exception when running the build;

Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.AgileTestPlatformSpec' to type 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.TestAssemblySpec'.

It continues with the build from there but appears that the Base Path is getting ignored;

In XmlGetElement - File not found - File: D:\Builds\3\Framework\NuGet - StructureMapUtils\NuGetPackageSupport\StructureMapUtils.nuspec
Final Property Values
ElementValue = 
FilePath = D:\Builds\3\Framework\NuGet - StructureMapUtils\NuGetPackageSupport\StructureMapUtils.nuspec
XmlNamespace = http://schemas.microsoft.com/packaging/2010/07/nuspec.xsd
XmlNamespacePrefix = ns
XPathExpression = ns:package/ns:metadata/ns:id

Where the NuGetPackageSupport is not set as the Base path.

Any ideas? Did you possibly incur this same issue and overcome it?

Many thanks, Ryan

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Hi Ryan
I'm sorry to say that I have not seen this type of error. The only thing I can think of is that your nuspec filés location in the build folder.
Im not currently at my workstation, I will check tomorrow If I can give you some more input

Cheers
Krippz

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 sep 2012, at 18:43, "RyanAnderson" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hey Krippz - I was able to get 90% the way there and stuck on one exception when running the build;

Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.AgileTestPlatformSpec' to type 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Workflow.Activities.TestAssemblySpec'.

It continues with the build from there but appears that the Base Path is getting ignored;

In XmlGetElement - File not found - File: D:\Builds\3\Framework\NuGet - StructureMapUtils\NuGetPackageSupport\StructureMapUtils.nuspec
Final Property Values
ElementValue = 
FilePath = D:\Builds\3\Framework\NuGet - StructureMapUtils\NuGetPackageSupport\StructureMapUtils.nuspec
XmlNamespace = http://schemas.microsoft.com/packaging/2010/07/nuspec.xsd
XmlNamespacePrefix = ns
XPathExpression = ns:package/ns:metadata/ns:id

Where the NuGetPackageSupport is not set as the Base path.

Any ideas? Did you possibly incur this same issue and overcome it?

Many thanks, Ryan

Kristofer Linnestjerna

Senior Software Developer

NetClean Technologies Sweden AB

Första Långgatan 30 – SE-413 27 Göteborg – Sweden

Phone: +46 31 719 08 00 – Fax: +46 31 13 89 50

Direct: +46 31 719 08 08 – Mobile: +46 730 20 53 53

kristofer.linnestjerna@netclean.com

www.netclean.com

Double prizewinner at Security Awards 2011, the Swedish security industry´s largest contest.
NetClean won the titles Security Company of the Year and Security Solution of the Year for the product NetClean ProActive.

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:46 AM
Edited Oct 4, 2012 at 5:48 AM

Got it working.

I missed updating the build process templates in source to v11.0.

Also an important point is to update the project to build at .net v4.5.

Also, there is a nice nuget package which will add almost all of the references.

http://nuget.org/packages/TFS.2012.EditBuildDefinition