NuGet csproj

Jul 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM

NuGet.exe (now) works in such a way that if you pass it a .csproj (with a similarly named .nuspec as convention) instead of a .nuspec file NuGet fills in some auto-patterns in the .nuspec file and also kindly auto-adds dependencies from existing NuGet references in the project. I may try taking a stab at creating a modified NuGetter workflow to work with this approach (auto-using the build definition's compiled projects), but am mentioning it here in case someone has an opportunity to try to add this functionality before I get to it (or if I forget/don't have time).

Jul 28, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Just noticed things are a bit more complicated in the NuGetterVersionedTemplate because it attempts to read the .nuspec file.

Coordinator
Aug 4, 2011 at 2:18 PM

FYI...I am looking into this.  I held off originally trying to do this just because of the usual "time/resources" issues and lately after a couple bugs were discovered within NuGetter and TfsVersioning (thanks btw).  I needed to get them out first.  I understand how this would be useful, just need to find the time to dig deeper.

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:07 PM

After some time working with it, for now I think I've gotten a larger benefit from "hand-written" nuspec files than I would have gotten from the csproj-based nuspec files. So I don't see a need for this anymore, other than a possibly "nice-to-have" down the road, but certainly not a priority.

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Thanks for getting back to me.  Good to hear that you are getting the functionality that you need and I appreciate all of the feedback across both projects.

Regards,

Mark